Liberia Agriculture Commercialization Fund - Help/FAQ
The Liberia Agriculture Commercialization Fund (LACF) is a multi-year Fund implemented as a component of the Smallholder Agriculture Transformation and Agribusiness Revitalization Project (STAR-P) under the Ministry of Agriculture.
- To increase agriculture productivity and commercialization of smallholder farmers in selected value chains in 9 counties.
- Enhancing productivity and competitiveness of all actors along the targeted value chains through a Matching Grant Scheme.
Targeted Value Chains:
- Rice, Oil Palm and Horticulture
- 38,000 target Smallholder Farmers of which 30 percent will be women and youth.
- Agribusinesses and business development enterprises with good business linkages to smallholder farmers in the rice, oil palm and horticulture value chains.
- Other value chains that demonstrate commercial viability and integrate smallholder farmers in the intervention areas may be added based on additional funding and negotiations with the Funders
Criteria to benefit:
- Submit applications that promotes climate- smart mitigation technologies.
- Submit concept notes and business plans that are expected to create additional jobs for youth and women along the Fund`s prioritized value chains.
- Applicant should operate in Liberia and be 18 years of age or older at the time of submission of application. The Fund strongly encourages applications from women/women-led businesses as well as youth.
- Preference would be given to applicants with high demonstration of women and youth participation in sub-projects.
- Agribusinesses working with smallholder farmers should demonstrate how the proposed project will increase income levels of farmers.
- Applicants are required to submit audited accounts or financial reviews for all existing projects and, statement of affairs for new/on-going projects.
- Applicants who have accessed grants from other projects shall be required to demonstrate that there is no duplication of effort/double-dipping in the use of grant funds from different sources.
- Lofa, Nimba, Margibi, Bomi, and Grand Cape Mount Counties.
- Depending on the availability of funds, Grand Gedeh, Maryland, Sinoe, and Gbarpolu Counties will be added.
- Window 1 targeting FBOs sub-project in aggregation scheme is up to $100,000.00.
- Window 2 targeting FBOs participating in out-growers’ alliances up to $400.000.00
- Window 3 targeting Agribusinesses, input service providers, agro dealers, aggregators etc., up to $200,000.00
- Window 4 targeting participating financial institutions for agricultural products.
The applicant’s matching fund contribution will include any form of identifiable total investment item/cash where existing or additional investments are considered for sub-projects implementation. In addition, loan approval letters, other grant award letters and any form of demonstrable cash or in-kind documentation etc. would be accepted and assessed on case-by-case basis.
LACF Activity Duration:
- 3.5 Years
- 22.38 Million USD
- World Bank
Applicants are required to submit Concept Notes to the Fund Manager (FM) for review. Qualified applicants will be notified to go through the following application procedure
All applications will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality. All business evaluators, consultants and staff of the Fund Manager have signed confidentiality agreements that prohibits them from using or divulging any information related to applicants or their ideas. This confidentiality will be in effect even after the project has ended. Only information that has the express authorization from the applicant will be used in any manner beyond evaluation purposes.
For more information, contact us at:
Facebook Account: Liberia Agriculture Commercialization Fund
WhatsApp Account: Liberia Agriculture Fund
Physical Location: LACF Office, Airfield Shortcut, Sinkor